Sacramento DUI Attorney
Top DUI Defense Attorney in Sacramento, CA
Have you been arrested with a DUI in Sacramento County? Being charged with a DUI/DWI is a serious matter and you need an experienced Sacramento DUI attorney on your side.
Though of course the consequences are not as severe for a first time offender, this is subject to the circumstances surrounding the incident. As long as there is no significant bodily harm or death in result from the DUI (best case scenario), the following minimums for a misdemeanor conviction may include:
- Suspension of license for at least 30 days and several months of restriction to the license to be used only to go to and from work and any required alcohol treatment program.
- Three months of alcohol treatment programs that cost approximately $500. DUIs when the driver had a blood alcohol content of .2 or higher require the completion of a nine month program which will cost substantially more. An individual may choose not to do this, but their license will be suspended for six to ten months.
- A $390 fine, $1,000+ in ordinary penalty assessments, as well as DUI assessments for a total fine of somewhere around $2,000 or more.
- A 48-hour jail sentence or 90-day license restriction allowing travel only to and from work. If the 90 day restriction is chosen, it begins after a four-month suspension. Another option is a 30 day suspension followed by a five month restriction.
Because each case is different, you should bear in mind that the consequence you face can go beyond the list above. It is in your best interest to speak with a Sacramento DUI defense lawyer if you have been arrested for DUI. At maximum, the consequences you can face for your first DUI are:
- License suspension for 6 months. DUIs involving a blood alcohol level of 0.15% or more may have receive a 10-month suspension
A $1,000 fine, $2600+ in penalty assessments
- Six months in jail
- Vehicle impounding for 30 days stored at your expense
- Requirement of a breathalyzer “interlock” device that requires an individual to blow into it with no alcohol in their breath before the car will start. This item costs approximately $800.
First-time DUI offenders are almost always given three to five years of probation. Standard probation conditions include:
- No driving after drinking any amount of alcohol
- Allowing police to give you a breathalyzer test whenever you are pulled over
- Not committing any misdemeanors. This does not include minor traffic infractions
Violating any of the terms of probation can result in a nonjury hearing where additional penalties may be applied.
Contact our Sacramento DUIAttorney!
If you have been arrested for DUI, it is in your best interest to seek sound legal representation. Our Sacramento DUI attorney Richard Dudek has been helping individuals through DUI cases for years and have the necessary experience to build a solid defense regardless of the circumstances. Contact our Sacramento DUI defense attorney for a free consultation today.